Thursday, February 17, 2011

Shaolin

"A very Buddhist film!" ~ Fransisca Wijaya

"Very nice, you will cry a lot!" ~Max Han

"Worth-watching, a must watched film!" ~Syuangelia

"Sip!!! " *thumb up* ~ Heri

"A so-so movie, too much unnecessary fight," ~Amelia Ng

After asking for reviews from those who had watched the movie, Shaolin, I decided to watch the movie.... err.. Okay, to be honest, brother Heri (yes, the Heri who said "sip!!!" from earlier), had been distributing free movie tickets to his friends, and lucky me to be one of his friends, I was given 1 free movie ticket for Shaolin! Yahooooo~~~ so, I was gonna watch the movie anyway regardless of the reviews. =P


Finally watched this movie yesterday night with Sinnah, met Edi and Erwin too!
Well, as for me Shaolin is...

"A heart-breaking, touching film, yes, true, you can feel very keen the teachings, principles and perspectives of Buddhism. One message which I thought the movie wanted to imply was taken from a verse in Dhammapada. Which verse?

Hatred never ceases through hatred in this world; through love alone they cease. This is an eternal law. -The Buddha"


4 comments:

  1. Very True and Agree with you, Devi :) :)

    A lot of Buddha's teachings are inside this movie :). However, I have one disappointment when Andy Lau's wife come and Andy Lau forget that he is a monk by hugging her. Well.. my sister said it's a common one, because she is his wife and they haven't meet for a long time.

    But for me, if Andy Lau is still holding the precept that time.. maybe not many monks will die outside the temple hahaha!! Anyway, this is only a movie ;) ;)

    Overall, I had a great time watching this movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ic..

    but wouldn't it be too cruel to not give such a warmth hug after all of his wive has gone through (being captured by a sadistic man, >.<), plus she had no one else but him.
    I think one hug wouldn't be too much.. =)

    in the end he did let go of his wive though.. =)
    well,let us leave it to each individual.. =)

    thank's for dropping by cc. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeap! updated! upadated! =DDDD

    ReplyDelete