Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cancer kills...fast

I have always known that life is short,
I have always acknowledged that life is short,
I have always realized that life is short,
here... *pointing to my head*

But, it has never struck me really hard,
here... *pointing to my beating heart*

until I have seen death myself in front of my eyes
of dear ones,
of friends,
of relatives,
of ancestors,
or maybe one day of myself...

~11th June 2014


I saw my mom's friend suffered and fought from ovarian cancer.
It was really a heartbreaking scene to see friends saying goodbye and talking for the last time.
There were so much tears, regrets, and sacrifice.
Today, the brave friend passed away.
We all prayed may she be free from her sufferings and may she rest in peace.

How cancer kills, and it kills F.A.S.T from the point one starts to 'feel' sick.
It's just within months the last time she 'looked' healthy.
So please, do not underestimate cancer, treat it F.A.S.T, from the first sign and symptoms of it.
Do NOT wait until you feel significantly sick.
It can be cured, though I have witnessed deaths from cancer, I have witnessed survivors too.
Don't give up! and T.I.M.E is really a big factor, treat it as soon as possible.

The same prayers go to our former maid who passed away due to breast cancer.
It's such a shame that she did not take any action or tell anybody about it until it causes her great discomfort.
When she's finally wanted to take the treatment after so many advice and pestering, it was too late.

Dear friends,
Let's create awareness that cancer needs a proper and timely treatment.
DO NOT WAIT until you feel really sick, TREAT it NOW!

May all cancer victims who had fought bravely rest in peace.
May all cancer fighters stay positive and be healthy.

Dee

1 comment: