Monday, November 30, 2009

Peace within Ourselves

When I see someone angry,
instead of becoming irritated and angry, too...
I become compassionate...
for the man who's angry is hurt inside and not at ease...
A peaceful man can never be angry...
adopted from The Wisdom of Silence by Achan Brahm

It is true... contemplating about it, I become angry easily when I have a lot of work to do, too busy with all my stuff, and finally become under pressure and stressed out (even sometimes without realizing it...). However, when I'm 'okay' with myself, I become more capable, and spacious... I start to be able to listen to someone's angry mumbling without ,too, following him being angry...
No wonder that some people say if we hope peace to prevail on Earth, first, we need to cultivate peace within ourselves.



 This is one of six calligraphies done by Thich Naht Han... =)

Therefore...Let's do our best to cultivate peace within ourselves! for our own sake, and also for the sake of all sentient beings and the entire universe!... n_n Gambatte! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment