Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Curly Haired Girl's Story

Hey everyone! It's been a while (again!) that i did not tell u anything! Haha! Please pardon me, I have a lot of projects to be done..

Okay, now I will try to update you on what's happening starting from last semester! (oh gosh! I have not written anything since then!)

and it's starting with hair.One of significant changes that I've made! haha.. xD

Yes, this is how my hair looks like now.

Boo! scare u with my pedsodent teeth!
  
hair, tied up

Many people asked, "Hey, is that natural?", "Do u use any curling iron?", "did you have it permed?" etc etc.

Rite, last time my hair was straightened when I first started my uni life, that's why not many people know that my hair is actually curly.

my school girl look

with full bangs! I looked so freaking young! or at least that's what I think!

side-swept bangs

Yeah, the younger-looking effect and easy to take care of are the top 2 reasons why I like straight hair.

But I thought it's time to get the curls back as I watched Taylor Swift's add below:



I was like crap man! that's how it feels like.. "He liked a cool girl, and she had straight hair!"
That's the whole point! People think that naturally curly hair is uncool. Oh well at least, I had bought into that idea for a long time, especially during my high school years.

I also happened to read blogs and watch videos on how to manage and style curly hair. I was overwhelmed with the feeling and the connection that I understand very much with all the girls with curls! T.T  (Haha! xD, but it's true!)

One thing I realized is that all this while, I had been taking care of my curly hair as other straight hair girls do. Well, that's just NOT the way! It works for them, but not for us who have curly/wavy hair.

And one night (fuyohhh.. hhahha), I decided that i would have my curls back!
As time passed by, my hair grew longer, and the curl started to appear, but the edge was still straight.
That's the only part that I have it permed.

Okay, so here is the secret. After I've washed my hair, I apply this cream and twist the strangles of hair with my finger, yes, as simple as that.


the Loreal spiral splendour cream which saves the day!

Well as I don't have too much time to spend on my hair, I stop until that step, and let my hair be air-dried.

There's another way actually that u might try! You could use a long finger diffuser, to keep it simple (haha, I actually do not know that much about this coz i have not tried to explore more about it yet =P), just call it diffuser.

So instead of blowing your hair with hair-dryer that will make your curly hair go frizzy an bushy, it will gently blow your hair and keep your curls intact. So here it is:

this is one of the videos that I've come across. go to 2:16, that is called a diffuser. =P

Well that's it! That's how I get my hair. I hope this can help out all girls with curls! We still can survive without having it permanently straightened! =)

Of course there are times when my hair gets messy. I mean oh! c'mon who in the world never had a bad hair day before? =P So cheers girls! =) You're pretty just the way you are!



Oh my, I've mentioned Taylor Swift a lot! Alright, enjoy one of her songs, Change. =D


Bye~~~
See u again! =D Tha.. Tha...


PS. And if you ever wonder that why our curls are not as pretty as TS's or any other singers' or actresses', do remember one point: they have A LOT of professional stylists to help them out! So be proud! =)

2 comments:

  1. i still like you wearing the short straight hair with full bangs :D

    may want to consider having bangs (slanted or straight across) with your curls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hay jie! =D
    hahaha, i know! I'm working on it.. but will need a lil help from a flat iron! will try it out hoho! =D

    ReplyDelete