Monday, July 13, 2009

Laptop NO, Novel YES

Tomorrow, I'll be leaving for Palembang... :)

Oh ya just wanna inform that I will not bring my laptop along... then I won't be able to be online while waiting for the next plane... :( I'm sorry... :(

So, I will spend my time reading a novel For One More Day by Mitch Albom. I dun really read novels, but when I opened this book and read the first page of the first chapter, I knew that I want to read the whole book. I haven't read it all (that's why I'll bring it to the airport tomorrow...), but this story is really into me. It is about a man who's once a very great man, well I mean he really loved his life, fell apart when he lost...something... but I think it means everything to him. How he ignored his parent before.. and now he regret it... I dun know why but I feel a deep sympathy for him, it's the feeling like we're enduring the same thing... well not all the same.. but I could say that this man in the book and I are so composed about the past.. we're so... past tense...


Here are some reviews about this novel:

Mitch Albom sees the magical in the ordinary' Cecilia Ahern

‘Mitch Albom, in this new book, once again demonstrates why he is one of my favourite writers . . . FOR ONE MORE DAY will make you smile. It will make you wistful. It will make you blink back tears of nostalgia’ James McBride, author of THE COLOR OF WATER

‘Another very touching page-turner’ STAR magazine

‘A warm and tender tale’ IRISH EVENING HERALD

P.S. this novel was a gift of 7 month (I think, I dun really recall) anniversary from my sister to her boyfriend... Awwww, isn't that so sweet.. :)

I think before it gets worse, I will give the novel a cover... :P



4 comments:

  1. i told you! hehe so has bro read it? you'd better take EXTRA good care of the book. DON'T lose it, promise? get it covered is a good start, thank you! anyway when will you be back from Plg? have fun there, sis!

    enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ey there sis! Sorry for the late reply, I've just gone to the internet cafe near charitas... Hueeeeeeee..... I'm so pissed off with the music being played... "Tak Gendong.." You know how i hate that music...
    yeah, promise.. btw... I've just savored the book.,.. hahha (savour is it the rite word? forgot already le...)
    Of course.. hohoh...I'm in Palembang now... the sky feels so bright here... so how's finding job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. job hunting sucks to the core. it takes a lot of determination, encouragement, and letting-go attitude. geez. when will you be back from Plg? david is leaving for spore end of July, so if you go back earlier, you can pass him back the novel. if kay, no rush :)

    and my say to your dilemma: take both. Teach for one or two months. Then you can spend the rest of your long vacation on others. have fun yea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ic... gud luck ya...
    gek papa tgl 27 mau ke palembang, gek aku titip papa b la... paling kalo ko david la balek, gek njuk cuming baco la.. :)

    i can't.. i dun know.. i just dunno what to do... hueeeeeeeeee.... so many choices in my life....

    ReplyDelete